Good evening everyone, Ashanti here with this week’s article. Today I’m accompanied by my cat who is consistently trying to do his very best in making sure this article is harder for me to write. Last week, I wrote our first recap spotlight to see how the artist has grown over the months, and generally spoke about my personal definition of the term, natural/talent. So this week, I wish to introduce everyone to Benedick Bana, a freelance concept artist from Naga in the Philippines. This artist is a perfect example of someone who improved their artwork an exponential amount over the course of only a few years. In addition, Benedick most prominently creates character concept art, so in light of that, here is a bit of diversity when compared to the majority of the other spotlights.
Starting from older work, I will post pictures going to Benedick’s most recent work.
– Superbia (June, 2011)
– Fenrir’s Wrath (Sept. 2011)
– Blade Corps concept design (Aug. 2012)
– IceDemon Assassin (Dec. 2012)
– The Three Kings 003 Gator (Jan. 2013)
– Pot (July, 2013)
– Firefly (Oct. 2013) Featured in ImagineFX Magazine, March 2014 issue
– Megaton Punch! (March 2014)
– Moon Wars (April, 2014)
– Vampire Hunter (June, 2014)
– Lambhorgini Bot (June, 2014)
– Speedpaint LAVA FALLS (Aug. 2014)
– Demon Charge (Dec. 2014)
– Female Warrior Light Lumina (Jan. 2015)
– Gear Knight (Jan. 2015)
– Speedpaint 30mins Summon Meteor (Jan. 2015)
– 30mins Speedpaint Codename 75 (Feb. 2015)
I hope everyone enjoyed this week’s spotlight!
See you all next week!